This is probably far from an ideal installation tutorial. It's more of a dump of how I've done this.
ddthe install iso to a usb disk, you may follow a tutorial on the Manjaro wiki
- don't forget to type sd[letter] without a partion name, e.g. /dev/sdX not /dev/sdX1
- enter Lenovo's "BIOS" utility by pressing F2 during startup
- set SATA Controller to ACHI in Configuration tab
- set Boot Mode to Legacy Support in Boot tab
- save settings
- plug in your USB and press F12 during startup to enter Boot Manager
- select EFI USB Device
The Manjaro linux on the USB should boot up.